Sunday, September 25, 2016

AAA Card Challenge Game #74 - Masking

Hello everyone!

We are back with a new AAA Cards game for you and it's Masking.






This is always a fun technique but I sometimes forget about it.  Fall is upon us and it is my absolute favourite time of year.  

For my card today I wanted to use the adorable Lawn Fawn mini set.  To start I took a piece of post it note and die cut with the scalloped circle die to create a mask.  I then added the negative piece to my card and ink blended the area with Willow ink.  


I took the sentiment and used my Mini MISTI to stamp the sentiment. I like using the MISTI when I stamp sentiments because I normally can't get anything straight even if I try and the die inks look best if you stamp them a couple of times. I then stamped and coloured in the apple pie with my copics and die cut with my Big Shot machine. I then added the little swirl over the pie and added the pie to the card with foam tape.



I have a video up on my YouTube channel.



Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon!

Coralynn  :)


Supplies:

9 comments:

  1. So cute and love the design. I am waiting for my newly purchased mini Misti to arrive, sure hope it is as good as everyone says!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie! Yes it is. I originally bought the regular size one and after a few months got the mini! LOVE IT! xx

      Delete
  2. Coralynn, this is so adorable card. Love the simplicity of your design. Yes! MISTI is great for stamping sentiments. I always stamp sentiments twice to have a crisp look ;) - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ksenija! I stamp my sentiments and most of my images twice. I love the crisp lines. xx

      Delete
  3. This is just so much fun! Love the image and adorable masking.
    That pie is good enough to eat too with your perfect colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable Cora, and a great use of the masking technique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete