Sunday, February 5, 2017

AAA Cards - Game #83 Shape your LOVE

Hello everyone,

We are up with a new challenge and love is in the air over at AAA Cards!  


I started with a piece of Bristol smooth card stock and used my Mission Gold watercolours.  I just love the colours and they are so creamy.  Bristol isn't the best for heavy watercolouring but I like the results I get when I use it. 


I then cut a heart out of the top part of the panel with the heart stax dies from MFT and saved the die cut for another project.  I added piece of acetate to the back along with foam tape to create the shaker  and filled it with wonderful sequin goodies from Studio Katia. I then placed the card base on to the shaker part and it was pretty easy to do when the base and panel are the same size.  You can just line them up and press it down.


I then took a scrap piece of white card stock and cut out a banner from WPlus9 and stamped the sentiment from "What does the Fox say" from Studio Katia's November release with Hero Arts black ink. I adhered it to the front panel with Tombow Mono.








Sponsor: HLS - $15 gift certificate



We have an extra option for this challenge, in addition to the love theme you might like to shape up your card. It could be long and thin, a rounded square, circular, heart shaped or any other shape you can imagine, just make sure to keep it LOVE themed and CAS.


Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon.

Coralynn :)

Supplies:


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shaker card Coralynn, love the pretty soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful, oozing with love in colour and design Coralynn and love the dreamy BG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the result! The water colouring gives the card an arty feel and adore all those pretty sequins x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun and pretty, Coralynn! I love shakers and you made a CAS one. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous shaker. Love that water color background and the placement of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so pretty, that watercolor swipe behind the heart is beautiful. What a yummy pretty sparkly card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card Coralynn, the sequins are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your swirly watercolor background is fabulous. And I love the sparkly sequins. Such a beautiful valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love shakers and your background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete